Thanks for checking out our About page!
A brief history of Conwy Disability Network
Previously known as the Disability Register, the service was provided across Conwy and Denbighshire and facilitated by Barnardos from their office in Henllan.
The aims of the Register were twofold:
- to collect information so that services could plan ahead more effectively. This included information about the type of needs that people had, and linked in with medical information from the Health database.
- to provide useful information to families, via a newsletter.
The “Disability Register” as it was, came to an end in 2012.
The Conwy Disability Network is as the name suggests, specific to Conwy, but aims to achieve the same things as the original Register – to help services plan more effectively by understanding the level of need within our community, and to provide useful information to families.
The following people helped to set up this website, as part of a multi-agency working group:
- Alan Lorrimer-Riley, Conwy Social Services (now retired)
- John Fozzard, Conwy Social Services.
- Dr Bev Graham, BCUHB – Paediatrics
- Ian Davies, Conwy Education Services
- Alan Thompson, Conwy Social Services
Also special thanks to Ramona Murray and Alex Fryer of Conwy Social Services Integrated Disability Services for their support.
Would you like to contribute?
If you’ve got an interest in Disability issues within Conwy, we’d love to hear from you.
Maybe you’re a parent, a young person, maybe you provide a service, or run a club or group?
Please use the contact page if you’d like to get in touch.